A 3days´ training on how to recruit, induct and manage STEM Supporters with focus on Female Ambassadors as a role models for girls and young women.
The SENSE Project first training course was delivered from the 10th to 12th April 2019 in Newcastle under Lyme in the UK by SES13-19 Ltd.
The course was attended by 8 Czech delegates, 4 from each partner organisation, 5 Irish, 4 Italian, 4 Cypriot and 3 Romanian delegates.
Purpose of the Training:
- to develop and share ideas for recruiting and supporting STEM Supporters across SENSE Partners
- to discuss the recruitment of female supporters and their importance
- to support volunteers/stem supporters prepare and develop lessons suitable for classroom delivery
- to provides skills for delivering activities
- to observe good practice in the UK
The training programme provided good balance between theoretical knowledge and practical experience. The sessions enabled participants to learn what works well in the UK in the STEM learning area and provoked ideas and inspiration. All left the training with a draft action plan to implement the training experience into their practice.
Most of participants declared that their knowledge on the topic was significantly enhanced.